Information we collect from you and how we use it
When you place an order with Cookie Dough Kids we collect the relevant information to complete orders like Name, Address, Email, Phone Number.
You can opt-in to receive updates from us that include offers, sales and promotional items.
We may use the information you provided to contact you for updates on your order.
- Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and offers
- Using a contact form
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with the information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
- To keep track of sales and enquiries
- To monitor how our customers transact with us in store and online, for example by checking who has redeemed vouchers or bought items using our website (for more information see Understanding Our Customers below)
- To contact you for your views on our products and services
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we offer (for more information on your choices see Keeping You Informed below)
- I use RoyalMail as our delivery provider, we enter your name, address, email and phone number.
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or in-store (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations.
Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We never see or store your payment card details. We do use a unique encrypted token that can tell the same payment card is used in different places, All payments are taken by Paypal or Stripe
- We monitor which customers redeem vouchers using a code that makes the offer personal to you
- We may monitor other websites you visit and the goods and services you look for using search engines in order to provide you with information about products and services from SewSweet which are most relevant to you.
- We may connect with social media sites so that we can better target our advertising while you are using these services and improve the relevance of what you see
Disclosing your data
At Cookie Dough Kids I never make your personal details available to companies outside of our company and will never share any details.
However, we may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail, texts and emails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
How is your information protected
I take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in the UK and will not be transferred to any other country.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an account you can always update your details in the account settings.
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an email entitled “REMOVE FROM DATABASE” to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do any of these actions, we will take steps to ensure that your preferences are updated or the information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable. There may be a small delay in updating our database and so you may still receive communications which we have already processed in our system.
If you start shopping with us online and adding items to your shopping basket, either; when using your account or entering your email address, and don’t subsequently complete the order, we will send you an email. The email will contain your chosen basket of products and any service we feel would be of help to you. These communications are sent under a legitimate interest basis and are treated separately from our marketing emails. You can unsubscribe from this at any time using the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the email you receive.
You can choose to be added to our mailing list to receive marketing information, for this we use MailChimp. We only store your email address and name for marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe to all our marketing information by clicking the link in an email or by contacting support.
After you place an order with us we will contact you five days after and ask you to leave a review for our store, you can unsubscribe to this at any point.
3rd Party Companies
To help personalise your journey and process your orders or assist you with any issues you are having we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us where applicable:
- Royal Mail